The Nate Berkus Show Welcomes ‘Thrifty Vintage Chic’

27 Jan

… onto the show TODAY, as an expert guest for a “Bargain Buy Challenge” … and your behind-the-scenes look is here!

Click to LIKE this episode, showing The Nate Berkus Show you want more Sammy Davis (left) and Robin Wallace!

There is no doubt that 2011 is off to an amazing start and while I have been planning amazing things for the New Year, I was a little surprised to get “the big-break” phone call from producers just 3 days into January.

But here we are … together … as the episode featuring myself and Sammy Davis (Sammy Davis Vintage) is about to air nationwide on network television, AND on a Harpo produced show!

For your local listing, click here but I do know for the NY-area it airs at 3PM on NBC4 and in Philadelphia tune in NBC10 at 2PM.

All I can say is a humble thank you … thank you for your support shown in comments, visits and Facebook “liking.” This blog merely started as a “beta” test to see if the people who said I should do a blog, be a stylist and be on TV were actually right! Well, ah, yes … a little more than a year later and I have more than learned that “they” were onto something!

I am flattered that who I am can resonate with so many and am simply thrilled to share style that’s not just unique, but universal in lessons of life, frugality and green living.

PS
Enjoy the behind-the-scenes look of what I and Sammy D were up to on the set of The Nate Berkus Show.

Sammy and I backstage getting our rooms together for the next day's taping before a live studio audience.

Back in "the shop," the walls to our rooms are painted.

Two members of the production team -- without whom this would not have been so brilliant!

11 Responses to “The Nate Berkus Show Welcomes ‘Thrifty Vintage Chic’”

1. dogsmom January 27, 2011 at 10:35 AM #

I just saw the episode and you were wonderful.
    You looked beautiful and you were having so much fun.
    Great finds and a truly great room you pulled together.

• Thrifty Vintage Chic January 27, 2011 at 8:17 PM #

😀 Thank you for taking the time drop by my site after watching Nate’s show … and I hope you’ll keep on offering your feedback on my styles! Oh, and I had an absolute blast!!

2. Stephanie January 27, 2011 at 2:51 PM #

Great Job Robin! Congratulations! I hope there are many more great opportunities like this in 2011 for you!

• Thrifty Vintage Chic January 27, 2011 at 8:19 PM #

Stephanie, my intention is that it keeps building from here and if this is month 1, then what will things look like at the year’s conclusion in December? I can’t wait … and am excited have you come along for the journey!

3. Dawn January 27, 2011 at 3:29 PM #

Robin, just saw the show..a REMARKABLE job! You look GORGEOUS and you have such presence. The room was fantastic. I especially LOVE the mable table and what you did with those chairs…amazing! GREAT job and many Congrats to you on your latest achievment.

To your friend Sammy: Also an excellent job; great use of those plates and that dining room table is to die!

Best of luck to you both in all your creative endeavors!

• Thrifty Vintage Chic January 27, 2011 at 8:25 PM #

Dawn — my No. 1 Fan! Thank YOU! It really was a remarkable process and the dynamics between Sammy, Nate and myself were just fabulous. And I believe that really came through …

oh, and that marble table!! HAH … I was in love with it the moment I saw it in the store. And I was in HEAVEN when I heard Nate say that the rooms were ours to keep! The piece, with the paint job, looks like it’d retail for hundreds of dollars!

4. lylytiger January 27, 2011 at 3:36 PM #

I just watched the segment, you look gorgeous! Love how you changed the look of the items you got 😀
    Both you and Sammy did a great job, congrats!!

• Thrifty Vintage Chic January 27, 2011 at 8:56 PM #

that is the best part — taking something and making it your own!! Not just by adding it to a room, but by adding your own personal flair to it!

Yes, Sammy was awesome — loved the modern and vintage combination. Such fun!

5. The Bantu Girl January 28, 2011 at 10:50 AM #

I really loved what you did on the show. Stellar!!!!

6. Sarah Addison February 3, 2011 at 1:47 PM #

Loved you on the nate show and I’m glad I was able to find your blog!